The HOPE Retreat™
The HOPE Retreat™, developed by Cathy (Glavan) Schulze, is a three-day retreat designed to allow women who have complete treatments for breast cancer within the last 6 to 12 months the opportunity to reflect on their cancer experience in a safe, comfortable and caring environment.
Small group discussions
- Explore the cancer journey from initial diagnosis to completion of treatments
- Consider the effects of cancer on various aspects of daily life and relationships
- Identify and integrate the positive aspects of the cancer experience into daily life.
- Offer complementary therapy activities to allow exploration of alternate modes of healing—may include journaling, yoga, aromatherapy and mediation
- Cover health care topics of concern to breast cancer survivors—may include lymphodema, sexuality and intimacy
Pampering and Relaxation
- Provide the opportunity for reflection and personal time
- Enjoy the solitude of your own room with private bath
- Socialize with sisters in survival in the spacious great room
- Feature a “spa afternoon”, which may include massages, facials and other treats provided by volunteers who want to help you celebrate.
- Hike in the mountains and enjoy nature.
Celebration of HOPE